Thursday, October 10, 2013

1 Year Anniversary

I have been spending more time working on DIY projects,
my booth at the antique mall I am in right now,
decorating the house for the holidays,
getting new floors FINALLY
and of course writing in my blogs.

I was trying to figure out how to add pages at the top of my site and while I was going through the archives linking things together I noticed my first post was "Halloween" last year and I just started laughing. 

There is not a single picture, just a "Happy Halloween!" to whomever might be out there and find me.......it was crazy. 

 
 
I had no idea what I was doing (still on the low end of the scale, ugh). But I have learned so much this past year. 
 
I can see so well that I need to invest in a good camera and some lessons on how to use it.  I have so much fun looking at all the blogs out there and am so amazed and overwhelmed at all the talent in our little world. 
 
It seems like a really big world when I look at all the people and places and projects and food and pictures and on and on and on....whew!

 
It humbles me and also is very intimidating.  It has been a long time since I felt like and had time to be creative.  I have been through so much these past 8 years since my divorce.
You can see a lot of it on my 2 other blogs, Panic and Anxiety  and Hope in Him
 
I had long down times where I felt I was just healing emotionally. 
 
It really was in the past 2 years that I felt like writing again or antiquing and working on furniture.
 
~We used to write in journals in my day and I have a lot of journals.
~I have had booths in antique malls for many years and couple of my own store fronts. 
 
As I write this I feel like there is so much to tell and I actually feel like sharing.  It doesn't hurt so much. 

 
I got side tracked when my aunt moved in with us and I became a caretaker of 2 people.  You can see where I tried to start a blog about that adventure here.  I don't mention that blog on this blog.  It ended pretty quickly.  I had no time or energy.

But here I am a year later and I feel like I made some progress and am happy with where I am with blogging and doing all the things I am blogging about.  
 
Having a creative outlet is so important to me. 
 
I am having fun and I am feeling less stressed out because I have an outlet.  Everyone needs a safe place and an area where they can spread out and roll around. 
 
   
 
Happy Anniversary To Me!

2 comments:

  1. Nice honest post. I like it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jennifer. I was talking about you today with a mutual friend, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete